In the coming days, you will receive an annual report. It will highlight what has happened here at First West.
It is because of your faithful giving that allows us to do the ministry of the Gospel.
I want to tell you what happens when we give.
Look at this:
1) A senior adult was helped with utilities. They had fallen behind on bills following a hospitalization and a car repair.
2) Another opportunity came through partnering with the Thrift Store to pay home insurance for an elderly woman. In the process, it was discovered she was paying over $30 a month in health insurance she didn't need, thus giving her a $300/month raise. Way to go Compassionate Ministries!
3) We called daycares in West Monroe and Sterlington, finding three families who were behind on bills:
- A single mom who is working and going to college.
- Another single parent who fell behind while between jobs and now has a new job.
- A family of four in which one parent is battling cancer and not yet able to return to work.
We were able to pay the amount each was behind and pay a week ahead also.
So, this month, three families went to pick up their kids after work and found out their debt was paid, with an additional week in advance also paid.
Isn’t that awesome?! God is at work in our community because of your effort to give.
Your faithful giving is imperative to the mission and vision of this church.
Giving is possible outside of our worship services. Learn more about giving online.