TRANSFORM CENTRAL ASIAIn partnership with Extreme Missionary Adventures, we are developing new strategies for advancing the Gospel among the Bongay* people and in other regions of the country!
Central Asia has more than 440 identified people groups, 404 of whom are unreached with the Gospel. One of these groups is the Bongay people. On October 1, 2009 the first Bongay woman to accept Christ gave her heart to Jesus during our mission trip! Our prayer is that a true spiritual awakening will explode among these precious people and that many more will be saved before Jesus returns!
This year we have helped with the funding of several water wells in villages in Central Asia, resulting in over 8,000 people gaining ready access to fresh drinking water!
First West has also helped provide food, medical supplies, heating fuel, and a regular Christian presence in the leper colony we have adopted.
*fictitious name given to this people group due to security reasons.
“God revealed that He is at work in the hearts of the people in this valley.” – Ronnie Green
“God is so obviously working in the Bongay and it is a privilege to join Him there.” – Joy Regan
“I don’t want to sound cliche’ but I stood in awe as God provided exceedingly abundantly more than we had imagined.” – Ed Regan
PRAY FOR CENTRAL ASIA!• That Christians will be able to build relationships with the Bongay and learn their language. That they will have travelling safety as they go into these remote regions.
• That relationships between the government and national Christians will continue to be positive and healthy.
• That the Bongay Christians will not be ostracized from their families and villages but become shining examples of Christ's love—directing others to the truth and salvation in Christ Jesus.
• That oral Bible stories can be recorded and distributed so that all my hear the Gospel.
• That the Bongay are protected from drought, mountain slides, and severe winters that keep them in perpetual poverty and cause high mortality.
• That God will be glorified and evident in all the Christians say and do in Central Asia so that local myths and misunderstandings about the Gospel are dispelled and everlasting truth is revealed.